Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Over the Daredevil's Ramp - Concept Story

Concept idea for my storyboard class' final project. It is going to be a picturial story (for adult) about a daredevil stunt biker and her feeling just before her death-defying stunt. It's going to be very intense and emotional; probably the hardest work for me yet. Heck, the story is about conquering your own fear and breaking the limit, so why shouldn't I do the same, right? Below's the narration of the story I'm working on and a early sketch.

"My name is Jill Ferris and I'm a daredevil stunt biker. Tomorrow I'm going to perform the longest death-defying jump in the history. Even with the best preparation we did, the chance that things doesn't go as plan is so high that no one bothers to bring it up. I must be lying if I say that I'm not afraid of dying.

I'm terrified by my own fear.

As I change into my Daredevil suit, I can feel death's cold breath eveloping the air around me. Suddenly, I'm that helpless girl who wants to shirver forever in the dark corners. My tougue can taste the absolute emptiness in the air. It makes you want to cough something out from your throut even though you know nothing is there. I can hear death's distant laugh echoing in my brain over and over.
So why am I doing this?

Perhaps because inside of me, there is that little devil who wants to break herself free from that shrivering girl in the corner. Abraham Lincoln said "the only thing to fear is fear itself." Simple and elegant truth, but how many people are willing to face their own fear, their own excuse, their own weakness. We accomplish nothing if we fear failure. If only I can show that we can be stronger."